LightBlog

mardi 3 mars 2015

[Q] VZW M8 - Sunshine S-Off - CM12 / GPE / Custom ROMs

I need some assistance please! I am truly baffled by what I am experiencing and would like to know why and hopefully how to fix it. Here's the details:

  • CARRIER: Verizon

  • MODEL: HTC One M8

  • S-OFF: Yes (Sunshine)

  • ROOT: Yes

  • HBOOT: 3.19

  • RADIO: 1.09.20.0926

  • OpenDSP: 46.2.2

  • OS: 3.28.605.4




First off, sorry for the book, but I figured more details would be better at this point to figure out what is up, so I appreciate any assistance in advance! PS: I bolded the key items to the story for those that like to skim. :)



Prior to S-Off and Root, I was on OTA version 4.4.4 waiting in anticipation for 5.0 to come to my device. Was unsure about spending $25 for Sunshine's method, but finally decided to take the plunge. At first things seemed great and very smooth. Following all instructions from Sunshine I was finally with S-Off status. I then used WeakSauce2 to gain temp root of the Stock ROM so that I could install Flashify and TWRP. Rebooted and loaded up TWRP Recovery and completed the first Nandroid. SUCCESS! Next up was Titanium Backup and such and copied everything off to my computer for safe keeping. So far so good and then loaded up a few ROM files and whatnot to the External SD Card so I could start flashing a new ROM. Feeling good up to this point, but here's where the troubles begin...



I have had great success with CyanogenMod in the past on previous devices and always very pleased. I read CM12 for others was great and stable and performed well, so I decided to grab the latest CM12 Nightly and the GApps package. Did the normal Wipe / System Wipe for initial flash of a new ROM and then installed both ZIPs no problem. The ROM boots up and everything seems okay, only I do not have LTE at all, only 3G. :( I also tried the GPE rom by Digitalhigh and experienced the same thing! Restoring from Nandroid also did not fix LTE, so at this point I got worried I broke my phone somehow.



To make a long story short after lots of testing I found a fix for getting LTE back on my original ROM. I found the 4.4.4 RUU and placed the 1.7 GB zip file (0P6BIMG.zip) on the root of my external SD Card, booted into HBOOT and ran the update. It did it's thing and booted up into the Stock ROM. Still no LTE ! So then I found a comment somewhere about once that is done, do a Factory Reset from HBOOT using the Stock Recovery and it is supposed to reset the NV Radio Partition, so I did this and when it booted back up, SUCCESS! I have LTE back.



Once that was done I can now flash GPE, (but unusable because SMS is not working for some reason... I am using Google Voice BTW), so I am back to my original 4.4.4 TWRP Recovered ROM. I tried just for kicks to see if after the "fix" if I could make CM12 work, but again will bring it down to an unworking LTE status. Rinse and repeat the "fix" and got LTE back and did Nandroid Recovery. I paid the money to get S-Off and Root access so I could enjoy the Custom ROM's, but now I feel I am stuck... :(



All that being said... Can someone please explain to me what is going on?? And is there any way I can fix this so I can use CM12 and have LTE, and even then some other ROMs? I will post in Digitalhigh's forum for resolution to the SMS issue, but I have never had this much trouble with a device before and do not know enough about the different partitions and how they work and such. Any assistance and advice is MUCH appreciated!



Thank you!





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1wQtLRW

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire