LightBlog

mercredi 1 avril 2015

[INFO] Bootloader Will Be Locked

I'm sure we all knew that but I had a small bit of hope. I began a chat with samsung and my assumption was confirmed.





This is the log of my chat.



Selwin: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?



Visitor: I have one question about the galaxy s 6 that I know you already know. Will it be bootloader locked for verizon. I need to know if I need to buy it or the Google Nexus



Visitor: I'm assuming your going to lock the bootloader on all verizon branded GS6, I was hoping you could save me a month of waiting



Visitor: to find out



Visitor: You locked the bootloader on the GS5 per verizon



Selwin: I'd like to inform you that Samsung doesn't recommend to root the devices and it voids the warranty of the device also.



Visitor: ok that's cool



Visitor: i still would like to know



Visitor: should be a big deal to go ahead and tell me



Visitor: shouldn't



Selwin: However, we still have no exact information about the Galaxy S6.



Visitor: sure you do your releasing it next month



Visitor: actually this month



Selwin: I'd like to inform you, S6 and S6 edge are going to be released on the second week of this month.



Visitor: ok cool, so I'm sure samsung knows about a phone they already made



Visitor: so it the bootloader going to be locked?



Selwin: If you want I can help you with the specs of the S6 devices.



Visitor: yes I would like that



Visitor: The specs in question are of the bootloader type



Visitor: what's the spec on the galaxy s 6 verizon bootloader



Selwin: http://ift.tt/1EGTZic



Visitor: If your unsure could you ask your manager



Visitor: It's something I know you know or can find out



Selwin: May I have three minutes to research the required information? Meanwhile, get attracted viewing the amazing functionality of Samsung products by visiting us at http://ift.tt/1o0KCfT



Visitor: I love Samsung but due to the locked bootloaders I'm not going to buy another device that is locked by your on verizon



Visitor: yes I'll wait



Visitor: thank you



Selwin: You are welcome.



Selwin: Thank you for waiting.



Visitor: AT&T and Verizon require you to lock your phones on their networks before they will sell them. I just want to know if they have had you lock them on Verizon again. It's a selling point for me.



Selwin: I'd like to inform you, that we have no exact information about the release of the developer editions of S6.



Visitor: ok are you saying that the non dev edition of the phone on verizon is bootloader locked?



Selwin: Yes, you are correct.




Selwin: I request you to contact after the release date of the S6 for exact information.



Visitor: thank you so much for your help.





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1EGTZii

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire