LightBlog

samedi 28 février 2015

G900F O2 de-branding

Hello pros,

I have a S5 (G900F), bought in Germany that has a provider branding from O2 (VIA) I want to get rid off.

After searching and reading many many many threads I wasn't able to find as "safe" solution. There are some threads, where people were able to flash a stock firmware, but it was BTU. Some managed to flash the DBT, but with errors during procedure, workarounds etc.

Since the key to flash from VIA firmware to another seems always to be the correct PIT file and the PIT files also seem to come from this forum I hope to get some professional help to solve my problem. I've already read enough contradictory statements from people who think they might know something, but I'm looking not for assumption.



Here is data from my S5:

AP: G900FXXU1ANG2

CP: G900FXXU1ANG2

CSC: G900FVIA1ANG1

So I have Android 4.4.2 and would like to flash a 5.0 DBT and to keep the KNOX of course.



1. First I wondering why it not working to flash the DBT fw on a VIA S5 with the "original" DBT PIT? If the VIA phones have a different partition layout the PIT for DBT should solve this or not?

2. The most promising solution seems to be use the DBT (it's not state from which to which version the update was done) with special pit version for s5 (also not clear which one was used). When flashing with Odin at the end always :( a failure message will be displayed. Then disconnect and reconnect the phone and to flash only the PIT after a restart to wipe all. But as mentioned earlier that doesn't sound like a "safe or proven" solution.

Here is the link-> (German) http://ift.tt/1AEQsgZ

3. Suppose I use the solution as described in 2. and flash the first 5.0 version (...BNL9) and then perform a update using the build in updated function on my S5 (no Odin, Kies, etc. ) to the second 5.0 version (...BOB7) will the update clean up the possible mess I've done using the procedure above? Or would it be better to use the Kies software on PC to update from 5.0 to 5.0?



I really appreciate competent help on this (and probably many other in the same situation) and no abuse of this thread for other topics :).

As step by step guide with a link to PIT file and tool version info (Odin 3.09 etc.) is very welcome.



Cheers!





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1AEQplB

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire