LightBlog

mercredi 27 avril 2016

Goodbye story , S7 Edge

Hey folks ,
So i got this phone in around november 2012 soon after it came out. It has been almost 4 goddamn years. During that time it has endured countless of abuses. I first dropped it in a toilet , which had just been used and not flushed. I fished it out and cleaned it thoroughly. It was still erratic , touchscreen did weird things and stuff. I opened it up and realized the board is completely wet and it had run like that for an entire day. I cleaned the board and let it sit through the night , the next day it worked without a hiccup. Then after a while i dropped it and broke the screen. I then replaced the screen with a new one i ordered off ebay. Then GPS didn't work for the longest time. Then i solved that problem which was caused by the digitizer interference. I documented it and shared it with you folks and many people fixed their gps problems with that. After a while i dropped it again and had to replace it again , but this time i knew what the problem was so i wrapped the digitizer with aluminium foil. It did not work. Turns out the new issue was grounding (which had already been pointed out in my thread by helpful folks over there) and my new assembly didn't come with grounding contacts so i had to make those. I made them out of laptop grounding sponges which are soft and conductive. It worked again. After a while the battery's voltage started to drop randomly causing all kinds of weird touchscreen behaviour and random reboots. I used it like that for like a year. I started developing kernels with the help of wonderful folks here who wrote really really useful guides. I didn't publish anything because this is a Nexus and people who are way better than me are developing for it in a capacity that i , at this current state , cannot match. Yet.

So today , i'm finally retiring my old mako. This is a very sentimental phone for me. It has seen me being wed , it has been there at the birth of my child , it's been there when my wife almost died and when i almost fell from a cliff. It's been the great partner in my many ways. So yea , i'll be hoarding the carcass , probably be showing that to my kids one day. I learned a lot from you folks and tried to give back in every little way possible. It's been a good , long ride. Thank you folks for everything.

Cheers!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24kNXxo
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire