LightBlog

mardi 31 mars 2015

Need some guidance on flashing NE5, so I can Towelroot.

Alright, I'm sorry for this, but I've spent a good many hours reading and trying to figure this out, but I haven't come across anything that spells it out in a way I'm comfortable with. I'm trying to root and maintain my knox warranty, so I can tweak and use Xposed, and it seems the only way for me to do that is flash an older kernel, use towelroot, then flash back to the newer kernel.



Here's where I think I'm at: Stock Sprint S5 on 4.4.4. That means I have the NK4 kernel, and to use Towelroot, I have to flash the NE5 kernel, correct? Then once I get root, I can flash back to NK4, ending up with a rooted stock phone, with warranty still valid?



This is where I'm not sure how to proceed. I've downloaded ODIN 3.10, the samsung USB drivers, and the NE5 and NK4 kernel zip files (which both contain a boot.img file and META-INF folder). Once I install the USB drivers and ODIN, I'm not sure how to then use ODIN get the right kernel flashed.



A video, or nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OWS9wL

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire