LightBlog

lundi 30 mars 2015

[Q] Kyocera Brigadier (Verizon) Updating while Overseas using Verizon SIM

I want to update, and I am not looking to root the phone etc.

I am happy to get a Verizon SIM sent over and use it to do the update. I assume that the update download itself happens over wifi, and that the SIM/network access is only going to be used to authorise it.



Can anyone give me some clues about which of these 3 scenarios below is likely to be true, before I go getting a sim.



1) It just needs a verizon sim installed. Both the authorisation and download will update over wifi, even if the sim has no credit and doesn't have global roaming, and even if the phone doesn't have cellular coverage.



2) It needs to be connected to the (overseas) cell network and have working data access , using a verizon sim.

2a) must have global roaming enabled

2b) need to have credit for XX MB of data?



3) It needs to be actually connected to the verizon network itself, in the USA.

-----

If 1) then I get an old sim off ebay with no credit and no working account

if 2) I get a prepay sim from verizon posted over. Can I activate it outside usa, or I need to get it pre-activated in USA?

if 3) I'm screwed, and I have to physically sent the phone back to USA to update. Will a verizon store will the upgrade it for me, if I get someone to take it in?





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/19sKCFf

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire