LightBlog

lundi 30 mars 2015

[Q] Nexus 7 2013 lte won't update to lollipop

Nexus 7, rooted, has multirom installed

about tablet:

android 4.4.4

Baseband version

DEB-G00_2.42.0_1204

Kernel version

3.4.0-g80964c2

tassadar@nymeria #214

Thu Jun 5 13:00:39 CEST 2014

Build number

KTU84P



The problem:

When the update to 5.0.2 came out OTA and appeared in my notifications, I downloaded it and tried to install it. The 5.0.2 update won't install on my Nexus 7.



Possible reasons for the failure:

A) Google pushed to wrong update to my device (unlikely)

B) Multirom is interfering. I suspect multirom is the culprit because I have another device, a phone with multirom on it, that wouldn't update. After uninstalling multirom, it updated.

C) The fact that my Nexus 7 is rooted is causing the update to fail.



My first attempt at fixing the problem was to uninstall multirom. Couldn't make it uninstall. I have downloaded the uninstaller from http://ift.tt/1qkXxiq and it didn't work. I looked elsewhere and found another uninstaller, which also didn't work. Flashing from TWRP recovery, or using flashify, never succeeds even after many tries.

If would like to remove multirom from my Nexus 7 but at this point would need expert guidance to have any chance of success.



I am willing to flash my device back to stock, if that is the only way. I have the wugfresh toolkit on my computer but I am enough of a noob that I'm kind of afraid something will go wrong. Will going back to stock fix my problem? I just want the update to Lollipop.



Based on expert opinion, what is the next step in troubleshooting/fixing this problem?





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1FbaQan

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire