LightBlog

dimanche 29 mars 2015

Firewater - You'll want to read this

Alright, so I am trying to S-off an HTC One M7 and I really don't feel like shelling out $25 for sunshine. So I grab a copy of firewater from the wayback machine and proceed to run it only to find out that it deletes itself. Curious... So after looking over the instructions, the required internet connection kind of confused me. So I fire up WireShark to see if it's connecting to a server and getting a command to delete itself...no luck. No traffic from the One. Next, I open fire water in a hex editor to prod around to see if I can find anything interesting...it's long..real long.



About to give up, and something dawns on me...internet time. The phone grabs the date and time from the network. I disable automatic setting of the clock and dial the calender back 2 years, just to test. And guess what happens? Yep..sure as ****, firewater runs! Now I haven't had luck getting s-off but..hey it could be the setup that I'm currently running. Going to try a different CM rom to see if I can get some better results. If anyone else has luck here too...please report on it and what you did.



-devx





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1EmLqZQ

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire