LightBlog

dimanche 29 mars 2015

[Q] Accelerometer/Modem Help D800

Alright, so, I'm not a huge modder, but I do like to remove the stock OS once things start slowing down (as they always do).



When I upgraded my LG G2 D800 to Cyanogenmod 11, I noticed the Accelerometer was no longer working. No big deal, I thought, it would eventually be fixed. So I just used a manual control app in the meantime.



Well, Yesterday I got a ColorCross VR headset, so I want that Accelerometer to work again. I've tried nearly everything. short of going back to stock. I think I know the solution but can't find a reliable download/get TWRP to work with my downloads. I had cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6-d800 Installed



I found this thread http://ift.tt/1nomFDh stating that a modified Kitkat Modem/baseband is needed, but the files are gone.



Then, I found this thread: http://ift.tt/1dGmeA3 with these downloads http://ift.tt/1zoqOcc it had two modems or the LGD800, "10D_Radio" and "10O_Radio" neither worked when trying to flash the zip as downloaded using TWRP. I tried both wiping data/Cavik and flashing it right before and right after a fresh install of Cyanogenmod, both Lollipop and Kitkat versions but no luck. Couldn't open the zip file TWRP said.



So I tried a few 5.0 ROMS, CM 12 (second to latest nightly and a few others), Cloudy, Vanir, but none of them turned on my Accelerometer.



So, what I need, is an explanation on how to flash those modem files or if I was doing it correctly, a link to valid modem files. Preferably one that works with an Android 5.0.x ROM, but if I have to go back to KitKat, I can live with that, I just want my sensors to work.



Failing that, I guess I can revert all the way back to stock. But let me ask one question: Can I just flash a .zip file using TWRP if I'm not worried about making it appear completely stock (not planning on returning or selling it) without having to do the extra stuff in the guide intended for a complete return to stock? I don't need recovery to be reverted, just the original stock ROM (I tried to flash just the ROM, but either the download was damaged or I can't simply flash the stock LG G2 AT&T ROM).



I have five bucks in bitcoin I can tip whoever helps me out, either a custom ROM that installs the right modem/baseband by default and is KitKat or above or some instructions on how to get the right modem files to install + a link to them.



If a new build needs to be compiled to get the accelerometer working again, I might be able to donate a little more than that.



Right before posting this I tried downgrading to CM11-20140210-SNAPSHOT but while it installed, it still says there is no accelerometer (and doesn't auto-rotate, even when on). I also tried downgrading to CM10 (the only LG d800 CM10 on the official site) but TWRP didn't want to open the zip.



Thanks!





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1EmLrga

via IFTTT

1 commentaire: